Samsung GT-P6200 upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0.4)
Thank you Samsung (Finally)! Every week I’d eye samsung-update.com for my wish. Low and behold yesterday it arrived! ICE CREAM SANDWICH (4.0.4) for our Samsung GT-P6200 is here!
I really can’t compare Honey Comb with Ice Cream Sandwich, multitasking is a lot smoother, everything works (so far), and installation was easy (well the way I chose to do it).
There are a few tutorials on how to install the upgrade, one of them is doing it the old fashioned way via Samsung SKIES, but i’m not old fashioned! :)
To follow is a short tutorial how I upgraded to happiness. First, If you don’t understand what you are reading then don’t attempt to try, literally! Secondly, I DO NOT take any responsibility if your device becomes a paper weight. Shall we?
1. Your Galaxy 7+ ought to be already rooted.
2. Backup all your data (just in case something does go wrong, like a you forgot to charge your phone).
3. Download MobileODIN here. ODIN allows you to install without converting or extracting the ICS img. Once you install ODIN, you’ll be prompted to download and install a flash kernel which corresponds our Tab 7+, do so.
4. If for some reason you haven’t downloaded ICS, do it now. Unzip P6200XXLQ1_P6200OXALQ1_ATO, your new extracted folder should have 2 files. The IMG and a DLL.
5. Transfer the new extracted folder and its two contents to your external SD Card.
6. Yer almost set. Open ODIN, “Open file…” and select P6200OXALQ1_P6200XXLQ1_P6200XXLQ1_HOME.tar from your SD Card, that will automatically it configure itself for you. (You can have ODIN automatically root your phone by using EverRoot, but It will use its own version of SuperSU ) Scroll down check “wipe data and cache”, and last… press “Flash firmware!”
the moments that follow should land you in Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4 with all your previous data and apps. If you want a clean install, simply do a Factory Reset.
7. If and when you decide to root your ICS phone you can get the instructions and files here. Enjoy!
Looking to maximize you tab? These apps should do the trick :)